Placing an order with The Orange Company constitutes your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions. The Orange Company reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time without notice to you. Your contract with us will be governed by the terms and conditions in place when your order is accepted.
You will be requested to read and accept these terms and conditions every time you place an order. For this reason, we encourage you to review them whenever you use this website to ensure that you are familiar with the latest terms and conditions. Before placing your order, if you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions please Contact Us.
2. Information About Us and How to Contact Us
We are The Orange Company (referred to through these terms and conditions as “we” or “us”) a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 5895759 and our registered office is at 23 Saltmeadows Road, Gateshead, Tyne & Wear, NE8 3AH. Our registered VAT Number is 647656204.
You can contact us by any of the following methods:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By post: The Orange Company, 23 Saltmeadows Road, Gateshead, Tyne & Wear, NE8 3AH
3. How to Place an Order
- 3.1 You can place an order via our website www.theorangecompany.co.uk following the prompts given
- 3.2 Once you have placed an order you will be contacted via e-mail within 24hrs (or next working day) with details of your order and further information. Please ensure you check the details are correct and contact us at your earliest convenience if anything is incorrect or not as expected.
- 3.3 The successful placement of your order is deemed your acceptance of these terms & conditions. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us. In the unlikely event that we are unable to accept your order, we will notify you as soon as possible. Non-acceptance of an order may be as a result of one of the following:
- a) the product you ordered being unavailable from stock;
- b) a product pricing or description error;
- c) our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment; or
- d) we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified.
- 3.4 Once you have set up your account with us as part of the order process, you will be able to access your order details from our website.
4. Our Products
- 4.1 Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. We endeavour to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products on our website, however, as different computers display colour tones differently we cannot guarantee the complete accuracy of the pictures or photographs that are shown.
- 4.2 All of our products are manufactured in the UK and are classed as bespoke.
- 4.3 If you wish to make a change to the product you have ordered, following order but before despatch, please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the product, the timing for delivery or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change.
5. Pricing & Payment
- 5.1 All prices and charges on our website are quoted in Pounds Sterling. All product prices include VAT, but exclude any delivery costs. (if applicable) These are calculated as part of the checkout process, based on the delivery location and the size or weight of your products. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the products advised to you is correct. If we discover an error in the price of products you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and give you an option of reconfirming your order at the correct price, or cancelling the order. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the contract, refund you any sums you have paid and require the return of any products provided to you.
- 5.2 If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- 5.3 For details of how we price our products please visit our Pricing Information page.
- 5.4 Payment for your order is made at the point of placing the order. We accept payment with most types of credit and debit card (Visa, Mastercard, Delta, Switch or Maestro). Alternatively, you can pay by cheque, which should be made payable to The Orange Company and posted to our Head Office address. Products will not be despatched until a cheque payment has cleared in our bank. We also offer finance options on orders over £500 – please see section 6 of these terms for full details.
- 5.5 We will advise you if your payment details cannot be authorised for any reason or if your cheque has failed to clear. We will then arrange for payment to be made by another method.
- 5.6 Please note the delivery date on your order – some products are bespoke and manufactured to order and may take 4 – 8 weeks to be delivered – all orders can be tracked in “My Orders”
6. You own a product once it has been delivered and we have received payment in full.
- 7.2 Standard delivery is free by default, but take a look at our upgrades on our delivery page to find out how to add extra features to your delivery.
- 7.3 During the order process you will be asked to select your preferred delivery date. (if applicable)
- 7.4 We will deliver your products to the address you provide us at the time you place your order (if you are taking advantage of our finance package, we will only deliver to the billing address).
- 7.5 We can only deliver within the UK mainland. If you live further afield we may be able to deliver to a port or shipment company at an address within the UK. Please note you will need to contact them directly to confirm a delivery, find out the opening hours and contact details which you will then need to pass back to us. Also note in the event you arrange for our products to be taken outside of the UK mainland we will only be able to organise exchanges/returns from UK mainland addresses, therefore we recommend your order is checked prior to onward shipping. It is also important that your goods are checked at this point, as we will not accept liability for damage caused by your third party carrier.
- 7.6 Please note that certain areas in the UK and Scotland may require additional shipping costs due to location.
- 7.7 Due to our commitment to the environment, we prefer to wait until all your items are in stock before we arrange delivery so that we can deliver them all at once. However, if you have an urgent need for one of the items on your order, we may be able to arrange for your in-stock items to be delivered separately. Please note that if you choose to split your order in this manner, the second delivery may incur a delivery charge. Please contact our sales team on email@example.com for further details.
- 7.8 We will deliver products to you as soon as reasonably possible. It may not be possible to deliver some items within this timeframe (for example, out of stock or bespoke items), if this is the case we will let you know the estimated delivery date before accepting your order and you may either agree the estimated delivery date or cancel the contract for a full refund.
- 7.9 If a product is unavailable from stock or our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control (i.e. a delay from our suppliers or adverse weather conditions) then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received. In the event that you do not choose to end the contract in these circumstances, we reserve the right to cancel the contract and we will write to you to inform you of this and will refund you in full for any money you have paid in advance for the product.
- 7.10 Before placing your order, please check that the items of furniture will fit through any passages, stairwells, landings and doorways on the way to the destination room. Please ensure you cover any carpets, flooring or furniture and remove pictures and valuables from the delivery area and the route to it through your property. Whilst every care will be taken by the delivery drivers, we will not be liable for any damage to your property caused by your failure to provide a clear access route to the delivery location. We are also not responsible for the cost of repairing any pre-existing faults or damage to your property that we discover whilst delivering the products. Please note there may be restrictions as to how many flights of stairs the delivery team can deliver up. For further information please contact our team. We endeavour to give as much information as possible in respect to weight and size of our products and you can read our “How to Measure” pages for more information or contact our sales team on firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unsure.
- 7.11 Our deliveries are carried out by 7.5 or 3.5 tonne vehicles, so during the order confirmation process we ask our customers for information that will help our drivers deliver successfully and to ensure the driver has safe access to the premises from the public highway. Missed deliveries may result in charges if these questions are not answered, so if there’s any information that you feel would benefit our drivers and you haven’t disclosed this at the checkout, please give our customer services team a call immediately and they’ll update your order accordingly.
- 7.12 You will be asked for a signature on receipt of your order to confirm where possible, that your products have arrived in a satisfactory condition.
- 7.13 For all orders, it is essential that someone over the age of 16 is available to receive and sign for your delivery. Unfortunately, we will not be able to deliver your products if there is no one at home to sign for them, so please contact our Customer Services team if that is likely to be the case. Please also ensure the person at your property has all your order details, in particular details of any extras you have paid for, as our drivers will be guided by them during the delivery; this includes where you want the goods delivered if you have selected a Room of Choice service. Unfortunately we cannot provide a refund for any services refused at the time of delivery, as these are arranged and paid for in advance.
- 7.14 If the products are lost or damaged in transit, please let us know promptly by contacting our aftercare team on email@example.com . In order to make sure we have all the relevant information please also email us a brief description of the issues and accompanying photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 7.15 Products will be your responsibility from the time the courier delivers them to the address you gave us or you collect from us.
- 7.16 Please check our delivery page for specific details on each of our delivery services.
- 7.18 Failed delivery. If a delivery fails as a result of one of the following reasons, we will contact you to arrange a redelivery and will charge you for the costs incurred as set out in clause 7.19 below:
- a) If we are provided with incorrect delivery information;
- b) no one (over the age of 16) is available at the delivery address to receive the delivery within the agreed delivery slot; and
- c) our couriers are unable to gain safe access to the delivery address.
- 7.19 Our charges for a failed delivery are:
- £20 for orders under 25kg
- £40 for orders 25kg and over
- Surcharges may also apply depending on your location and the additional delivery options that you choose, please see our delivery page for more information.
8. Returns and Cancellation (Your Rights to End the Contract)
- 8.1 You can always end your contract with us. Your rights when you end the contract will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing and when you decide to end the contract:
- 8.1.1If what you have bought is faulty or misdescribed you may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get the product repaired or replaced or a service re-performed or to get some or all of your money back), see clause 11;
- 8.1.2 If you want to end the contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do, see clause 8.2;
- 8.1.3 If you have just changed your mind about the product, see clause 8.3. You may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period, but this may be subject to deductions [and you will have to pay the costs of return of any goods];
- 8.2 Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do. If you are ending a contract for a reason set out at (a) to (e) below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any products which have not been provided and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
- a) we have told you about an upcoming change to the product or these terms which you do not agree to;
- b) we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
- c) there is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
- d) we have suspended supply of the products for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than 30 days; or
- e) you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong (including because we have delivered late (see clauses 7.8 and 7.9).
- 8.3 Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). For most products bought online you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. These rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, are explained in more detail in these terms.
- 8.4 When you don’t have the right to change your mind. You do not have a right to change your mind in respect of:
- 8.4.1 bespoke items;
- 8.4.3 services, once these have been completed, even if the cancellation period is still running.
- 8.5 How long do I have to change my mind? How long you have depends on what you have ordered and how it is delivered.
- 8.5.1Have you bought services (for example, our assembly services)? Once we have completed the services you cannot change your mind, If you cancel after we have started the services, you must pay us for the services provided up until the time you tell us that you have changed your mind.
- 8.5.2 Have you bought goods (for example, our furniture)?, if so you have 30 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the goods, unless your goods are split into several deliveries over different days. In this case you have until 30 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the last delivery to change your mind about the goods.
9. How to End the Contract With Us (Including if you have changed your mind)
- 9.1 Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
- 9.1.1Phone or email. Email customer services at email@example.com if you have not already received the goods, or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have received the goods. Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- 9.1.2 By post. Write to us at The Orange Company, 23 Saltmeadows Road, Gateshead, NE8 2AH including details of what you bought, when you ordered or received it and your name and address.
- 9.2 Returning products after ending the contract. If you end the contract for any reason after products have been despatched to you or you have received them, you must return them to us. You must either return the goods in person to where you bought them or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow us to collect them from you. Please note you will need to ensure someone (over the age of 16) is available at the time of collection to sign the goods over to our collection team. Please email us at email@example.com to arrange collection. If you are exercising your right to change your mind you must send off the goods within 14 days of telling us you wish to end the contract.
- 9.3 When we will pay the costs of return. We will pay the costs of return:
- 9.3.1 if the products are faulty or misdescribed;
- 9.3.2 if you are ending the contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the product or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong.
- In all other circumstances (including where you are exercising your right to change your mind) you must pay the costs of return.
- 9.4 What we charge for collection. If you are responsible for the costs of return and we are collecting the product from you, we will charge you the direct cost to us of collection. Our charges are as follows:
- Orders under 25kg: £20 (excludes our made to order sofas, armchairs & footstools*)
- Orders 25kg and over: £40 (excludes our made to order sofas, armchairs & footstools*)
- *Made to order (sofas, armchairs, footstools) – returns are the responsibility of the customer to return to our central delivery point in good condition. However, The Orange Company recognise that some customers will not have the means to do this and we will arrange collection during normal business hours (Monday to Friday (excluding Public/Bank Holidays), if requested. By providing this service we will make a charge of £200 per individual piece to cover the cost of collecting the items.
- Surcharges may also apply depending on your location and the additional delivery options that you choose, please see our delivery page for more information.
- 9.5 How we will refund you. We will refund you the price you paid for the products including delivery costs, by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below.
- 9.6 Deductions from refunds if you are exercising your right to change your mind. If you are exercising your right to change your mind:
- 9.6.1 We may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
- 9.6.2 The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer. For example, if we offer delivery of a product within 3-5 days at one cost but you choose to have the product delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
- 9.6.3 Where the product is a service, we may deduct from any refund an amount for the supply of the service for the period for which it was supplied, ending with the time when you told us you had changed your mind. The amount will be in proportion to what has been supplied, in comparison with the full coverage of the contract.
- 9.7 When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right to change your mind then:
- 9.7.1 If the products are goods and we have not offered to collect them, your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which we receive the product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the product back to us. For information about how to return a product to us, see clause 9.2.
- 9.7.2 In all other cases, your refund will be made within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind
10. Our Rights to End the Contract
- 10.1 We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract for a product at any time by writing to you if:
- 10.1.1 you do not make any payment to us when it is due and you still do not make payment within 14 days of us reminding you that payment is due;
- 10.1.2 you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the products, for example, delivery information;
- 10.1.3 you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the products to you or collect them from us;
- 10.1.4 you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us access to your premises to supply the services.
- 10.2 You must compensate us if you break the contract. If we end the contract in the situations set out in clause 10.1 we will refund any money you have paid in advance for products we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract.
11. If there is a problem with the product
- 11.1 How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints about the product, please contact us. You can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or The Orange Company, 23 Saltmeadows Road, Gateshead NE8 3AH
- 11.2 Summary of your legal rights. We are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this contract. See the box below for a summary of your key legal rights in relation to the product. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
Summary of your key legal rights
This is a summary of your key legal rights. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06. If your product is goods, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your product your legal rights entitle you to the following:
- a) Up to 30 days: if your goods are faulty, then you can get an immediate refund.
- b) Up to six months: if your goods can’t be repaired or replaced, then you’re entitled to a full refund, in most cases.
- c) Up to six years: if your goods do not last a reasonable length of time you may be entitled to some money back.
If your product is services, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says:
- a) You can ask us to repeat or fix a service if it’s not carried out with reasonable care and skill, or get some money back if we can’t fix it.
- b) If you haven’t agreed a price beforehand, what you’re asked to pay must be reasonable.
- c) If you haven’t agreed a time beforehand, it must be carried out within a reasonable time.
- 11.3 Your obligation to return rejected products. If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject products you must either return them in person to where you bought them, post them back to us or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow us to collect them from you. We will pay the costs of postage or collection. Please email email@example.com for a return label or to arrange collection.
12. Our Liability
- 12.1 We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
- 12.2 We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. Nothing in these terms limits or excludes our liability for:
- a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- c) breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession);
- d) defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or
- e) breach of any of your other legal rights
- 13.1 We understand that you care how information about you is used and shared and we appreciate your trust in us to deal with it sensibly.
14. Other Important Terms
- 14.1 We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
- 14.2 You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing.
- 14.3 When we use the words “writing” or “written”, this includes emails.
- 14.4 This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- 14.5 Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- 14.6 If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
- 14.7 These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
15. Customer Surveys and Reviews
- 15.1 After your order has been completed we may contact you with a short customer survey. We would be very grateful if you could complete it as it will help us to continue to improve our customer service. Some sections of these surveys will be posted on our website using your name and location (ie initial, surname, county). If you would prefer that your comments aren’t used in this manner please let us know.
- 15.2 After your order has been delivered, we may contact you to ask you to leave a review of the product(s) you have ordered. Submitted reviews will automatically appear on the relevant product page but we reserve the right to alter or remove reviews in the following cases:
- a) The review is not relevant to the actual product itself, ie applies to the service you received from The Orange Company
- b) The review contains language that could be considered offensive to other users
- c) The review contains spelling errors or grammatical mistakes that affect the readability of the review and presentation of the page. Please note that in this case, the review will normally be amended, as long as it doesn’t conflict with the first two conditions.
16. Competitions and Offers
- 16.1 VOUCHER CODES
- At certain times The Orange Company or selected affiliate websites may make available ‘voucher codes’. These codes can be exchanged for a discount or other offer at time of order. The code must be presented to a staff member or entered during the checkout process. The following rules apply to voucher code usage:
- a) Only one voucher can be used per order;
- b) Voucher codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, sale items, bundles or room set savings;
- c) Voucher codes cannot be applied to past orders and cannot be backdated or redeemed for cash;
- d) The Orange Company reserves the right to withdraw or terminate any of its voucher codes at any time without warning;
- e) The Orange Company also reserves the right to reject the use of a voucher where fraud is suspected;
- f) Specific offers may be subject to terms and conditions above and beyond those shown here. Where this applies the full terms and conditions will be made available on this page during the voucher code usage window;
- g) Time limited offers can only be redeemed before the date shown (if applicable). The presence of an end date does not affect our right to withdraw a voucher code at any time as per rule 4; and
- h) In the case of offline or phone orders the Manager’s decision is final.
- 16.2 FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM OFFERS
- If you enter our latest Facebook or Instagram contest, it is assumed that you have read and agreed to the following rules.
- a) Contest entrants must be residents of the UK mainland and over 18 years old at time of entry;
- b) Contest is not open to employees of The Orange Company,
- c) No purchase necessary;
- d) Entry is limited to one per person;
- e) The winner of the contest will be selected at random from all entrants;
- f) The winner of the contest will be notified via Facebook or Instagram. Winning entries must be claimed within 7 days of notification;
- g) No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash (or any other substitute);
- h) The winner must choose a prize up to a maximum value of £1400;
- j) The Orange Company reserves the right to amend the rules of this contest without notice. If we do amend the rules, we will publish the amended competition rules here in the terms and conditions;
- k) We will endeavour to despatch prizes within 30 days of the competition end date. However, we cannot guarantee this delivery time; and
- l) All competitions are not endorsed by or connected to Facebook or Instagram.
- 16.3 CURRENT COMPETITIONS
- 16.3.1 Monthly Customer Photo Competition
- a) Entrants must post their photo on Instagram from a public profile using the hashtag #theorangeco
- b) The competition will run each month from the first to the last day of the month.
- c) A winner will be voted for by The Orange Company marketing team and announced on Instagram during the first week of the following month.
- d) The winner will be given a code to the value of £200 which can be redeemed online at the checkout at www.theorangecompany.co.uk. The code will be valid for 3 months from the date it is issued to the winner.
- 16.4 EMAIL SUBSCRIBER DISCOUNTS
- As a subscriber to our promotional emails you will be eligible for various special promotional discounts. These are often for email subscribers only and may not be visible onsite for all visitors. To access your discount simply click through from the promotional email you received and your discount will be automatically applied when you reach the checkout stage of your transaction. These discounts cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, sale items, bundles or room set savings. If there is any issue with the discount being applied, please call our Customer Services team and they will be happy to help.
- 16.6 10% OFF ADDITIONAL ORDERS
- A selection of our customers are offered a 10% discount off any additional order placed within 48 hours of receiving their order confirmation. This 10% discount can only be retrieved as an ‘add on’ to an existing order. As an ‘add on’ any additional items ordered must be delivered to the same address as the original order. The special discount cannot be retrieved if the customer’s original order (or any part of it) is cancelled.
17. Promotional Offers
All voucher codes are subject to fair usage policy and as such can be declined if we feel abuse of that code is taking place. Vouchers can be applied to new orders only.
Selected customers will receive a promotional offer giving them a discount off their next order; this discount cannot be applied if a customer has cancelled their original order or redeemed if a customer re-orders the same product they have returned. This offer expires 31 days from the customer’s first delivery date and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, sale items, bundles or room set savings. Our customer service team have the right to refuse this discount if these terms and conditions are not adhered to.
In-store only discounts or discounts associated with store events cannot be applied to online or phone orders.
Our responsibility to the environment includes being compliant with the Consumer Information Obligation; in order to meet this, we provide information detailing recycling advice and guidance for our customers, including how and where to recycle, a guide to recycling symbols and top recycling tips. The overall aim is ensuring our customers are aware of their recycling responsibilities and have the correct information to become more environmentally friendly, in the home and work-place, all of which is focused around the traditional waste hierarchy principles of Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. This information is available via the following link: www.complydirect.com/the-recycling-room.
These terms were last changed on 13th July 2021. By Leanne Malone Errors and Omissions Excepted.